Posted on: December 4, 2019
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Infrastructure Manager
Location: Chico, CA only
Employment Type: Full Time, In House
Start Date: ASAP
We are in search of a Network Engineer who will be responsible for
internal external-facing network systems. As a Network Engineer
with Build.com, you will contribute to the business plan regarding
network infrastructure technology required to maintain company
operations and competitiveness. You will need to recognize new
developments in network systems technology and anticipate
organizational modifications. In this position, you will also be
responsible to ensure that system uptime and performance
requirements are met.
What are you going to do:
- Troubleshooting problems with network systems, including
hardware and software, network and peripheral equipment problems;
making repairs and corrections where required.
- Responsible for the execution of technology projects, including
but not limited to new business development projects, new systems
implementation, phone server upgrades and all IT related
responsibilities inside of Build.com.
- Protect Build.com systems from data loss, theft and/or
- Assists with the planning, design, research and acquisition of
new or upgraded network systems and recommends modifications as
- Responsible for collaborating with project managers,
contractors, and various internal teams.
- Responsible for all processes involving systems engineering,
change management, disaster recovery, monitoring, alerting and
- Anticipating and correcting potential issues by making
recommendations and changes to our network architecture.
- Assist with the professional development of team members.
What are you going to bring to the table:
- Must have 3-5 years experience with Routers, Switches, and
- Cloud Network Management including, but not limited to AWS and
- Advanced understanding of the following:
- VMware administration
- Network design
- Linux administration
- Use of secure protocols: SSL, SSH, PKI
- F5 configuration
- Cisco ASA configuration and WAN technologies
- Network Access Controls
- PRTG, Airwatch, Sensu or other monitoring software
- Storage Area Networks ( HP, Pure Storage, Nimble)
- Experience working in a high traffic, high availability
e-commerce environment a huge plus!
- Backup and Recovery
- Experience with PEN testing, IDS and corporate data
- Experience with PCI or HIPPA compliance
Technologies we use:
- WIFI: Aruba (HP)
- Firewall: Cisco and PAN
- Routers: Juniper, Brocade, and Cisco
- Compute: HP and Dell
What do we bring to the table:
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Great 401(k), time off and benefits package which includes
Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision
- Team building and company wide events throughout the
- Internal Training programs suited to what you are wanting to
- Incredible associate discounts on Build.com products and other
- Continued education reimbursement program
- Encourage and provide community involvement events and
*Pre-employment drug and background screening required
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a
government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41
CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified
protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A),
which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the
basis of disability.
Keywords: Build.com, Chico , Network Engineer, Engineering , Chico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!