PSIRT Security Engineer
Posted on: February 18, 2021
Date Posted:2021-02-04-08:00Country:United States of
AmericaLocation:UT82: UT-CA-Corp Remote Location, Remote City, CA,
06032 USAPosition Summary:In this position, the right candidate
will be responsible for managing and dispositioning product
security vulnerability reports related to RTX or its business
unit's product portfolio.- You will need a strong technical
background encompassing both hardware and software, as well as
knowledge of specific security frameworks, since you will be
working with the product teams and external security researchers to
access the risk of a vulnerability and recommend/decide on the
appropriate response for RTX.- Once familiar with the product
portfolio of RTX, you will be responsible for leading teams driving
the incident response to product security vulnerabilities.-Key Job
- Candidates should be action-orientated, independent and able to
anticipate difficult situations and to proactively plan a response
to a product security issue
- Given the amount of interaction with various individuals,
groups, and business units, strong interpersonal, oral, and written
communication skills are a necessity for this role
- Ability to work effectively in situations involving uncertainty
or lack of information and respond favorably to change, be able to
achieve objectives working with others across various teams and
- Drive processes and systems to support the success of RTX's
product security response capability
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and
best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on
organizational processes. Maintain expertise on security trends
through training, research and development to mitigate potential
security exposures and stay current on a changing threat landscape.
Train other staff and external clients as necessary.-Qualifications
& Competencies:Basic qualifications:
- Candidates must have a technical background, knowledge of
security concepts and experience leading or participating in
- Technical leadership to establish plans and deliver high
quality results on time
- Ability to interface with all levels within organization and
provide input to facilitate decisions.
- Analytical skills and ability to formulate and articulate
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast changing
- Ability to investigate the impact of security related
- Triage incident reports and determine cybersecurity risk impact
on RTX's product portfolio.Preferred qualifications:
- A solid understanding of the potential sources of risk and how
to manage risk.
- Previous experience working in a PSIRT or product security
- Proficiency with risk management and tracking tools such as
Archer and JIRA.
- Knowledge in Incident Response, analysis and remediation.
- Experience with ongoing security research against various
products and infrastructure and ability to apply that knowledge to
product security incident response.
- Extensive network of contacts including security researchers,
security industry experts, members of key bodies FIRST, ICASI,
MITRE, CERT, etc., and industry incident response
professionals.-Education & Experience:
- Bachelors, MS or PhD in Computer Science, MIS or
- 12+ years of practical experience in product/cyber
- Security Professional Certification (CISSP or GCIH) desirable
or the ability to obtain in the first 6 months after hire.
- This position may require access to systems/tools that are
restricted to individuals who possess US citizenshipRaytheon
Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
Terms:Click on this to read the Policy and TermsRaytheon is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Keywords: RTX, Chico , PSIRT Security Engineer, Engineering , Rackerby, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!