Manager, Quality & Patient Safety (Ambulatory)
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Organization:SOPS-Sutter Outpatient Services - Yuba CityPosition
Overview: -Works collaboratively to lead and establish appropriate
performance management/quality improvement systems. The Manager is
responsible for overall implementation and maintenance of quality
management programs and facilitates assigned programs with
specified objectives. This includes compliance to standards of the
National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA), Integrated
Healthcare Association (IHA), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
Services (CMS), health plan regulations and contractual
requirements, standards, and projects pertaining to quality
management, standard work and clinical improvement initiatives.
Assumes responsibility for ensuring or supporting assessment and
planning, performance measurement and monitoring, evaluation and
quality improvement for the delivery of quality patient care.Job
Description:EDUCATIONBachelor's: Management, public health,
nursing, business administration, organizational leadership or
related field. or equivalent education/experiencePREFERRED
EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 8 years progressively responsible experience in patient safety
/quality/performance improvement clinical or educational
environment.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Operations, leadership, critical thinking, analysis, teaching,
facilitation, coaching, mentoring and project management skills
- Knowledge of population health management practices, policy,
programs, initiatives and functions.
- Ability to train staff in various quality improvement and
performance improvement methodologies.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills; to include
presentations and comprehensive analysis reporting on performance
- Ability to partner and collaborate with physician leadership
and work effectively with providers and physician site
- Ability to analyze problems, to reach practical conclusions,
and institute effective changes.
- Ability to evaluate the performance of staff, identify behavior
and performance problems, and staff development needs, and take
appropriate actions as necessary.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft office: [word, excel,
outlook and PowerPoint] epic, Midas
- Ability to implement department policies and procedures and
- Must have organizational skills and the ability to balance
numerous priorities at the same time, be detail-oriented, self
directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to compile, organize, summarize, prepare in text or
graphic form and proofread extensive spreadsheets and data from a
variety of sources. ability to write executive summaries.
- Must be able to deal appropriately with confidential and
sensitive information and to demonstrate diplomacy, tact and a high
level of professionalism.
- Organizational skills, ability to work on multiple projects
under multiple deadlines; must be highly energetic, and able to
embrace challenges and change. must be a team player and work well
with a variety of people in all levels of the organization
- Experience leading safety/quality/clinical effectiveness
initiatives with high level of independence.
- Experience in successfully facilitating collaborative,
cross-functional projects, including the ability to define program
project or process objective, identify stakeholders and their
interests, plan steps, coordinate and allocate human,
technological, and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and
objectives in a resourceful and timely manner.
- An in-depth knowledge of regulations and guidelines for
governing areas of responsibility.
- Knowledge of and experience in process improvement (e.g., lean
or process transformation).
- Understands applicable quality measures as defined by hedis,
integrated healthcare association (iha), cms, accountable care
organizations (acos) and other ambulatory quality measurement
Shift:DaysSchedule:Full TimeShift Hours:8Days of the Week:Friday,
Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, WednesdayWeekend
Requirements:NoneBenefits:YesUnions:NoThis position is work from
home eligible.Position Status: ExemptWeekly Hours:40Employee
Status:RegularNumber of Openings:1Sutter Health Affiliates are
equal opportunity employers
Keywords: Sutter Health, Chico , Manager, Quality & Patient Safety (Ambulatory), Executive , Colusa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!