Assistant Store Manager
Company: Chico's FAS
Posted on: July 10, 2019
Assistant Store Manager
Category: Retail Assistant Manager
The Assistant Store Manager is primarily responsible for supporting
the Store Manager in managing the sales, operations, asset
protection, and human resources functions of the store to ensure a
great customer experience and maximum profitability.
- Supervises associates engaged in sales, inventory receipt,
reconciling cash receipts, or in performing services for customers.
Prepares weekly schedules to ensure proper floor coverage within
fiscal guidelines; reviews time sheets and other payroll
documentation for accuracy and submits as appropriate.
- Promotes customer service by ensuring associates are greeting
and assisting customers; responds to customer inquiries and
complaints in a professional and timely manner.
- Models sales expectations by utilizing various techniques and
communicating product knowledge to the customer; recommends
merchandise selections or helps to locate or obtain merchandise
based on customer needs and desires.
- Maintains a visually appealing store, ensuring proper
housekeeping, visual merchandising, and organization are kept to
the highest standard. Trains associates on visual merchandising
techniques to ensure store is maintained at all times.
- Monitors associate sales activities and productivity;
acknowledges and communicates performance to associates; motivates
and trains associates to achieve full potential.
- Performs all financial activities effectively and in accordance
with policy including cash handling and reporting, price changes,
and merchandise handling; ensures all register transactions are
completed accurately and in accordance with policy.
- Administers all operational processes including inventory
receipt/dispatch, daily replenishment of floor merchandise levels,
and execution and preparation of physical inventories.
- Facilitates and/or manages the general operations of the store
ensuring that the store is in working order and adequately
maintained to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Supports compliance with all applicable laws, loss prevention
policies, operating procedures and controls; conducts associate
training as needed to reinforce proper controls.
- Assists in the recruiting, hiring, and development of store
associates; interprets Key Performance Indicator reports and
delivers coaching as needed; provides feedback to Store Manager for
associate performance appraisals and evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior retail or sales management experience preferred
- Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills
- Proven excellent customer service skills with statistical track
record in all areas of sales
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a
- Strong leadership qualities, training and team building
- Knowledge of administrative aspects of store
- Communicate with customers, standing and maneuvering around
sales floor and stockroom, operate register, lift and carry 30
pounds, hang/fold merchandise, climbing, reaching, pushing /
- Regular attendance is essential to this position in order to
ensure adequate coverage to meet company objectives. Ability to
work a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends, and
holidays is required.
Keywords: Chico's FAS, Chico , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Chico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!