Director of Managed Accounts
Posted on: September 3, 2019
Reports To: VP of Sales
Location: Chico, CA
Employment Type: Full Time, In house
Start Date: ASAP
A little about Build.com:
Build.com is the world's largest digital commerce home improvement
retailer. We carry the best selection of lighting, faucets, sinks,
door & cabinet hardware, appliances, decor, flooring, and much
more. We compete directly with industry giants, like Lowe's, Home
Depot and Wayfair, by having an excellent product offering and the
ability to sell complex products online through our website and an
amazing sales team to best suit our customers. Build.com employs
more than 700 people at our headquarters in Chico, California and
have expanded in to a second location in Atlanta, GA.
The Director of Managed Accounts will be a high performing leader,
concentrating on creating and cultivating a division that maximizes
incremental growth opportunities within our managed accounts.
They will be responsible for setting and implementation of
strategies around customer acquisition, revenue growth and
retention of our current customer base. They will need to build and
leverage relationships to achieve managed accounts business
strategy. The Director will be working with the sales team to
identify training needs and implement across the teams. Besides
being a leader of leaders, they are responsible for attracting,
developing and retaining highly skilled and competitive sales
professionals. They will work closely with the workforce management
team and analytics to forecast the future headcount needs of their
team. This role is highly collaborative with different business
units and with the inbound environment.
What are you going to do:
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and
expand our customer base
- Set, communicate and manage performance expectations, monitor
and appraise employee job results and performance in order to
develop, counsel or provide corrective action.
- Utilize and collaborate with analytics team on sales analytics
for goal setting and projections
- Adjusting strategy based on competitive market and market
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within the managed
- Seeking new customers through strategic outbound sales efforts
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and
- Effectively manage change throughout the department
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends
- Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic
direction of accounts
- Provide information, educational opportunities and experiential
growth opportunities in order to develop staff.
- Ensure the Sales Team understands and adheres to Company
standards and operating procedures.
- Set clear expectations for all associates and hold them
accountable for those expectations
- Self motivated with the ability to inspire and motivate a
- Ensure you have a strong organization to support the strategic
- Ability to effectively engage and motivate large
- Adaptable and proactively able to move with change while
maintaining a positive attitude
- Recruiting the best possible sales team and reducing turnover
through coaching, counseling and training
- Providing support and coaching for team members to drive high
levels of performance, job satisfaction, and personal
- Training and empowering sales team members to exercise good
judgment to make profitable business decision
What are you going to bring to the table:
- Must have at least 5 years of experience of competitive sales
- Must have at least 3 years of managing people.
- Successful sales track record; brand and team builder.
- Comfortable making presentations to all levels of decision
makers. Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of
the organization, including executive and C-level
- Demonstrated ability to develop an effective sales strategy;
developed plans to support the strategy; ensured execution of
- Confident in forecasting sales and interpreting/analyzing
results to plan and conducting budgetary analysis
- Can build an effective partnership with other departments; can
provide constructive feedback re: new products, sales tools,
promotions, etc.; ensure appropriate execution of marketing
programs to managed accounts
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills and process, revenue
management, recruiting, supervising, training and motivating
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation
- Strong ability to accept coaching and development from all part
of the business
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational skills including follow up, time
management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in
a fast-paced environment
The best candidate will:
- Customer Focus - Making customers (external and internal) and
their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and
sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and
executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the
- Business Planning and Analysis - Ability to develop and
implement strategic annual business plans as well as track and
forecast business results throughout the year.
- Growth Mindset - Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a
- Smart Risk - Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- Externally Focused - Understands the upstream and downstream
implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends,
best practices or ideas.
- Performance Driven and Accountable - Has high performance
standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- Fast/Agile - Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and
adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Empowered - Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges
the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
What do we bring to the table:
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Great 401(k), time off and benefits package which includes
Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision
- Team building and company wide events throughout the
- Internal Training programs suited to what you are wanting to
- Incredible associate discounts on Build.com products and other
- Continued education reimbursement program
- Encourage and provide community involvement events and
*Pre-employment drug and background screening required
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a
government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41
CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified
protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A),
which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the
basis of disability.
Keywords: Build.com, Chico , Director of Managed Accounts, Executive , Chico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!