Clinical Director - RN
Company: Assured Home Health
Posted on: October 29, 2019
The Clinical Director (RN) is responsible for overseeing and
directing the patient care operations of the home care facility.
This includes: coordinating and completing assigned projects to
effectively support the immediate and long range objectives of the
company; oversight of the eligibility of patients referred to home
care services, planning for the services to be provided to patients
and supervising their total home health care; implementing and
maintaining administrative practices, agency philosophy, goals, and
policies which assure compliance with applicable state and federal
regulations; enhancing the profitability of the agency; and
providing motivation and retention of a qualified staff and assure
the quality of services delivered. This position also acts as a
liaison with management staff and other departments throughout the
Assured Home Health , a part of LHC Group, is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about
- Oversees all patient care services and personnel at the agency
to include coordinating referrals and patient care, assuring that
patient needs are continually assessed, and assuring the
development, implementation, and updates of the patient's
individualized plan of care.
- Supervises the maintenance and accuracy of patient care and
- Performs staff conferences as needed and mandatory in-services,
including but not limited to monthly staff/safety meeting.
- Partners with other team members to ensure agency meets
budgeted goals including but not limited to growth, quality, and
- Implements and supervises all patient care activities to ensure
the delivery of safe, economical, and efficient patient care, which
adheres to relevant standards of accepted nursing and medical
practice, to include federal and state regulations, and Joint
Commission standards, as well as to ensure compliance with payer
- Provides and / or ensures patient care according to the plan of
care as ordered by the physician.
- Assists in policy review and revisions as requested to
establish and support the highest possible quality of patient care,
cost controls, quality assurance, and staff performance. Ensures
that established policies are enforced.
- Provides and oversees orientation for personnel.
- Provides timely performance evaluation of personnel.
- Assures regularly scheduled continuing education for personnel
and supervises compliance of staff with online learning management
- Provides supervision to direct reports on an on-going basis to
- Assists with staff recruitment to ensure that adequate staffing
is maintained. Operates within the staffing model.
- Serves as a member of the Management Team and QAPI Team
according to required timeframes and participates in annual
strategic agency planning.
- Acts as a liaison between staff, patients, the medical
community, and upper management to ensure information is shared
appropriately among the LHC team.
- Conducts at least monthly meetings with the medical director.
Approves medical director invoices and submits on a monthly basis
to the Home Office with appropriate supporting documentation for
- Ensures that only qualified personnel are hired. Verifies
licensure, certification, and credentialing as required by law and
policy prior to employment and annually thereafter. On an on-going
basis, ensures maintenance of records to support competency of all
- Participates in the QAPI plans and processes. Ensures follow up
on any required action plans.
- Adheres to and supports the Episode Management Model within the
provider via Episode Management supervision.
- Reviews weekly Operations Spreadsheet, weekly Metrics Report,
weekly Productivity Report, and agency financial statements to
ensure the organization is on target with budgeted goals. Follows
up, addresses issues, and implements action plans as appropriate to
- Assures compliance with and ensures timely follow up on daily
external vendor clinical edits, outcome support, and coding
- Oversees weekly reports, including claims alert, late EMS,
unverified services, and orders audit, to ensure timely and
accurate billing and payroll.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current RN licensure in state of practice.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Assured Home Health, Chico , Clinical Director - RN, Executive , Chico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!