Mental Health Clinician LMFT or LCSW at Butte County Jail
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"OverviewUnder the direction of the
Medical Director/Psychiatrist, the Mental Health Clinician will
provide diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, issues of
psychotropic medication compliance and psychotropic medication
effects and side effects.QualificationsEducation for Mental Health
- Master's degree with licensure in the state of employment as a
Marriage Family Therapist or Licensed Clinical Social
Worker.Experience for Mental Health Professional:
- Two (2) or more years of experience providing treatment to
adults with various mental health disabilities required.
- Experience working in a correctional facility; experience
providing case management services for the persons served
population; discharge planning experience with the persons served
population; demonstrated ability in providing clinical mental
health services to an adult population with serious mental illness
or co-occurring disorders of serious mental illness and chemical
dependency; and working with a diverse multi-disciplinary team and
persons served population preferred.Licenses/Certifications for
Mental Health Professional:
- Current license in the state of employment as a Marriage Family
Therapist or Licensed Clinical Social Worker.Responsibilities
- Respond to psychiatric emergencies as identified
- Assess for Suicide Ideation and manage the appropriate risk
- Hold daily sick call, evaluate patients, obtain medication
history, verify current medication consult with medical
provider/psychiatrist to continue psychotropic medications, and
discuss conditions falling outside protocol perimeters.
- Evaluate and refer persons served requiring psychotropic
medications to psychiatrist for evaluation and monitoring.
- Triage and respond to mental health complaints from medical and
custody staff as needed.
- Chart all findings in persons served medical record.
- Provide on-going crisis intervention and counseling.
- Refer all 5150 eligible persons served to the County Mental
Health and/or Emergency Room for evaluation.
- Participate in Quality Management Peer Review activities and
- Provide individual counseling as required.
- Provide on-call services as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Perform initial psychiatric assessment on patients admitted to
outpatient housing unit, provide daily rounds and document in the
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
Keywords: Wellpath, Chico , Mental Health Clinician LMFT or LCSW at Butte County Jail, Healthcare , Oroville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!