Posted on: May 11, 2022
Since 1948, Vitalant (formerly known as BloodSource) has proudly
served as a leader in the blood banking industry. We are a
globally-recognized leader in blood transfusion medicine. Working
at Vitalant is more than a job, it is a chance to be part of
something bigger than yourself. If you are inspired to make an
impact and are passionate about playing a vital role on our
dedicated team, then we encourage you to consider a career at
Vitalant. Our shared mission to save and improve the lives of
others is our greatest strength. Every day, we empower others to
act on their urge to help. We are inspired by ordinary people doing
extraordinary things. We are looking for a full time RN to work 5
(8 hour days) a week. This is a great opportunity for a new nurse
graduate or a nurse wanting to work in a less acute setting in a
community-based health care position. Our donors are healthy and
amazing! We also offer excellent benefits, time off and 401k
matching! You will need to be able to work 2 weekends per month.
Paid Training will be provided in Mather, CA. We provide paid hotel
accomodations and meal/mileage reimbursement. You will receive
shift differentials for working weekends and company holidays.
Starting Pay: $18.74 hour for new graduates with increases during
the first year for skills obtained and successfully passing the
training period. Note - travel will be 40-60% while in training the
first 4-6 months as you will learn whole blood on mobile drives.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Under direct supervision, this position is
responsible for performing all duties related to the efficient,
safe, and compliant collection of blood and blood products. Works
collaboratively as a member of the team and in alignment with the
values of the organization. Performs Apheresis Red Cell Collection
and/or Plasma Pheresis. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of
blood and blood products (e.g., computerized medical screening,
phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, and daily quality
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely.
Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership
positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with
current customer service standards to represent a positive image
for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are
maintained and kept in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required
- Trains other team members on additional duties/tasks, as
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management,
assigned. Important Requirement: As an essential operation to the
nation's healthcare infrastructure and a science-based
organization, Vitalant believes that being vaccinated helps provide
protection and care for our employees, our donors, their families,
and the broader community. With this in mind, Vitalant requires
employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Individuals applying for this position should be prepared to comply
with the COVID-19 vaccination mandates of Vitalant and accordingly,
will need to be vaccinated as of the first date of employment
unless approved exemption exists prior to start. REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge/ Education High School graduate or GED required. License/
Certification Valid in-state driver's license preferred. Experience
Six months previous work experience in a healthcare related
position required. Skills/Abilities
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform
all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an
active team member.
- Ability to travel, as required. Associated topics: blood, blood
lab, blood processor, ndc, outreach, phlebotomy, pool, processor,
Keywords: Vitalant, Chico , Mobile Phlebotomist, Healthcare , Chico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!