Company: Northern Valley Indian Health
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Delivers basic patient care in conjunction with the Provider.
1. Acts as assistant to the provider when clinic policy dictates that a female be present
for gynecological exams.
2. Performs eye screening for patients requesting such.
3. Performs audiometric screening in compliance with all applicable standards, regulations, and Medical Clinic policy.
4. Responsible for completing appropriate documents for third party billing and medical charting for WIC paperwork, SOFP, BCEDP, and CHDP programs.
5. Under Providers order is responsible for providing height, weight, and hemoglobin/hematocrit for Women's, Infant's, and Children's (WIC) program.
6. Performs urine dipsticks, urine pregnancy tests, urine micro albumins, A1C's and strep screens in compliance with all applicable standards, regulations an medical clinic policy.
7. Ability to perform blood draws, records lab draws in log book with accurate attention to patient name and type of test. Accurately labels specimens and fills out requisitions completely and correctly.
8. Ability to perform applicable injections as outlined in Medical Clinic Policy and Procedures and VFC program.
9. Able to perform EKG's as per clinic protocol.
10. Demonstrates knowledge in electronic patient scheduling. Understanding the amount of time required for specific appointments.
11. Maintains the standards of patient care and implements the policies and procedures of the Medical Department.
12. Recognizes how the position and duties relate to the overall function of the Medical Clinic. Follows instructions, understands, and observes lines of communication.
13. Maintains yearly CPR certification.
14. Responsible for communicating problems identified involving personnel, medical staff, patient, families, and the general public to the Medical Director and Nursing Director.
15. Participates in Quality Control and Quality Assurance activities, and patient education per physician directions.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills
-Two (2) years experience as a Medical Assistant or graduation from a Medical Assistant Program.
-Six (6) months experience or training in phlebotomy.
Medical Assistant Position Description
-Understanding of medical technology.
-Current certification or ability to obtain certificate in:
b. Audiometric Screening
4 Weeks PTO, 13 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k
Keywords: Northern Valley Indian Health, Chico , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Chico, California
here to apply!