Lead Mammography Technologist, FT/Days, Paradise
Company: Adventist Health
Posted on: November 16, 2023
- Cost Accounting Type: Fixed Direct
- Exempt: No
- Works directly under the Director of Imaging and the Medical
Director of Radiology. Performs diagnostic imaging on patients
using established medical imaging procedures. Reviews and evaluates
quality controls and quality assurance to ensure imaging and
instrumentation results are reported accurately and express the
proper reflection of patient status. Standards of Behavior
Line of Responsibility and Authority
- LINE OF AUTHORITY: Mammography Lead - Director of Medical
Imaging Licenses and Certifications
Professionalism and Self-Development
Education and Qualifications
- LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS: BLS Certification following
American Heart Association guidelines required (no other cards
- LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS: CRT, AART, Mammography
- LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS: Registered with the State of
- LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS: State of California Fluoroscopy
- QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to work independently with minimal
- QUALIFICATIONS: Able to organize and maintain good
- QUALIFICATIONS: Good communication skills. Physical
Requirements/Work Environment/Use of Senses and Communications
- ACCOMMODATIONS: The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee typically encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key
responsibilities and essential functions.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: Employee must conform with all HIPAA and other
confidentiality regulations as required by the job, department, or
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (b): This job requires frequent bending,
squatting, kneeling, climbing, reaching above shoulders, sitting,
walking inclines and declines, standing, talking, hearing, and
performing repetitive hand motions. Vision requirements include
close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will
occasionally pull, lift, transfer, or push a patient side to side,
to a sitting position, to a standing position, or laterally. The
employee must demonstrate a pull lift of 50 pounds from the
- POTENTIAL EXPOSURE TO BLOOD & BODY FLUIDS: Category 3 for
potential exposure to blood/body fluids. (Does not require the
performance of procedures or other tasks in the work routine that
involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues, and the
assisting in cases of emergency medical care or first aid is not a
requirement of employment. Tasks that involve handling of
implements or utensils, use of the public or shared bathroom
facilities, telephones, and personal contacts such as handshaking,
are all considered Category 3 tasks.) Job RolesLead Mammography
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety
and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served
in his/her assigned service area. The skills and knowledge needed
to provide such care may be gained through education, training, or
- Adheres to the Corporate Compliance Code of Conduct.
- AGES SERVED (b): Child, Adolescent, Adult Geriatric.
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
service appropriate to the age of the patients/individuals served.
Demonstrates and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of
the patients/individuals status and interpret relative to his
age-specific needs, and to provide the care/service needed.
- Assists Radiologist with imaging procedures.
- Coordinates area purchasing activities and stock levels.
- Coordinates Breast Cancer month activities.
- Coordinates preparation for regulatory compliance activities in
the mammography department.
- Develops knowledge of PACS and mammography reporting
- Evaluates accuracy and technical quality of images procedures,
demonstrates and explains difficult or new techniques and
procedures to the technical staff.
- Delegates responsibilities to designated staff members.
- Helps coordinate work assignments and coordinates requests for
imaging services and hospital routine.
- Is technically competent to perform all department functions;
clerical through technical.
- Is technically competent to perform in a multi-modality
- Maintains adequate records.
- Maintains and meets expectations on time for all competencies,
license, certifications and education requirements as outlined by
local administration, Adventist Health (AH), The Joint Commission
(TJC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and all
other regulatory agencies.
- Maintains mammography services in accordance with standards
established by the hospital and with state, local and federal
standards which may apply.
- Maintains patient flow and coordination of other imaging
- Maintains quality control for designated area.
- May be responsible for specific instruction in the training of
- Operates imaging equipment to produce radiographs of designated
areas of the body. Selects proper technical factors on an
- Participates in hospital-wide quality assurance program.
- Participates in On-Call assignments and work schedule changes
when necessary or per the needs of the department.
- Performs proper computer skills and shows working knowledge of
patient orders, status changes, patient charges, profiles and
ability to transmit electronic medical record.
- Plans and evaluates staffing for the area and is aware of
- Practices sterile technique, knows and uses universal
- Produces images under difficult or special conditions.
- Provides radiation protection for self and patient.
- Recommends equipment modifications, new equipment and essential
construction within the area. Is responsible for existing equipment
and such contractual services as may be required.
- Responsible for delegated areas of authority in the performance
of routine or special procedures.
- Selects proper technical factors on an individual basis.
- Transports and positions patients.
- Willingly performs other duties and innovations as assigned.
Job Requirements: Organizational Requirements: Adventist Health is
committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and
patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all
required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles,
mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine
typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine
(required in CA, HI and OR) etc., as a condition of employment, and
annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may
Keywords: Adventist Health, Chico , Lead Mammography Technologist, FT/Days, Paradise, Healthcare , Paradise, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!