Physical Therapist-Home Health in Chico, California - Careers at Assured Home Health
Company: Assured Home Health
Posted on: March 16, 2019
The Physical Therapist in Home Health is responsible for the assessment and evaluation of patient care needs related to
functional status/mobility, endurance/stamina, pain and other medical conditions. Based on this assessment and evaluation, the
Physical Therapist works to help determine a treatment plan, performs interventions aimed at improving and enhancing the
patient's well-being, and evaluates the patient's progress.
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Evaluates the patient's functional status and physical therapy needs. Assists the physician in the development of the therapy
plan of care.
- Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by the state laws governing the practice of physical therapy, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the health care team.
- Observes and reports the patient's response to treatment and any changes in his/her condition to the supervising nurse and/or
- Treats patients to relieve pain, develop and restore function, and / or maintain maximum functioning using acceptable
standards of practice.
- Instructs and informs participating members of the health care team, the patient, and the family/caregivers regarding the plan
of care, functional limitations, and progress toward goals.
- Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the PT plan of care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of
evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
- May supervise home health aides in lieu of a RN if physical therapy is the only skilled service being provided and if allowed per
- Provides supervision of the PTA as per LHC policy.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary report on patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Provides in-service education as requested by agency leadership.
- Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of services to all patients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current Physical Therapy licensure in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle.
Additional State Requirements
- AK, AL, AZ, AR, CA, CO,CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC,
TN, TX, VA, WA, WV, WI: No additional state specific requirements.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that “it’s all about helping people,” and we live by those words today. It’s our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family, you’re choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist. It’s our purpose.
Keywords: Assured Home Health, Chico , Physical Therapist-Home Health in Chico, California - Careers at Assured Home Health, Healthcare , Chico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!