Rad Tech - Radiology Job in Chico, CA
Company: Gifted Healthcare
Posted on: October 30, 2019
JOB REQUIREMENTSRadiologic Technologist (Rad Tech) Travel
JobRadiological Technologists operate X-ray and fluoroscopic
equipment to assist radiologists and physicians with diagnosing and
treating diseases and injuries. As a Radiologic Technologist, or
Radiographer, you will be supervised by a board-certified
radiologist but afforded a great amount of independence and
responsibility. In this position, you will also act as the primary
liaison between patients, radiologists, and other members of the
support team.Radiologic Technologist Rad Tech Responsibilities:
- Selects proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis and
adjusts and sets radiographic controls, such as kilovoltage and
milliamperage, to prescribed specifications for proper timing of
- Rad Tech reviews and evaluates developed x-rays, video tape, or
computer-generated information to determine if images are
satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Uses radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply
with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and
- Radiographer takes X-rays of patients' chest, limbs, or other
parts of the body as requested by physicians.
- Administers contrast media to patients for gastrointestinal and
other special studies.
- Monitors patients' conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal
signs to physician.
- Performs radiographic procedures for patients in
- Protects patient and other personnel from radiation
- Radiology Technologist keys commands and data into computer to
document and specify sequences, adjust transmitters and receivers,
or photograph certain images, and distributes films to appropriate
- Radiological Technician develops, fixes, washes, and dries
exposed films using film processing and drying equipment.
- Maintain and prepare required records such as patient records,
daily logbooks, and monthly reports.
- Rad Tech maintains quantity and quality control checks to
assure X-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules, and
- Radiographer cleans, maintains, and makes minor adjustments to
radiographic equipment, including determining repairs needed for
equipment and ensuring radiographic supplies and film are
- Interact compassionately and effectively with the sick or
injured and assume responsibility for the mental and physical
comfort of patients as well as their safety.
- Rad Tech uses professional and ethical judgment and critical
thinking when performing duties and makes suggestions for solving
problems of moderate complexity and importance.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral
bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a
nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
FACILITY DETAILS This 298-bed, not for profit hospital is proud to
serve the community members throughout Butte County. This facility
is one of the two Level II trauma centers north of Sacramento and
houses the regions only Level II neonatal ICU. This hospital offers
many comprehensive medical services including cardiac surgery and
heart care, orthopedics, neurosurgery, joint replacements, cancer
care, maternity care, women's services, and more!
Chico is only 2 hours north of Sacramento, CA situated in between
the Plumas National Forest and the Mendocino National Forest. Chico
is home to the elaborate Bidwell Park, with woodland trails to
explore via foot or bike, a beautiful golf course, and an
observatory. Take a tour of the Sierra Nevada Brewing Co or spend
your Saturday morning wandering around the Chico Farmers Market to
get your fresh produce for the week. Chico has countless amazing
local restaurants that will surely suit every foodie need. The
Foodie Cafe, Halo Hawaiian Poke Bar, and Uncle Skinny’s BBQ are a
few of the local favorites.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one
person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our
rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that
Do you remember why you became a Rad Tech, at GIFTED? We
Keywords: Gifted Healthcare, Chico , Rad Tech - Radiology Job in Chico, CA, Healthcare , Chico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!