Senior Java Developer
Posted on: September 28, 2018
Reports To: Team Lead
Location: Chico, CA
Employment Type: In House, Full-Time, Remote possibilities if located in California
Start Date: November
A little about Build.com:
Build.com offers an extensive selection of home improvement products, d--cor, and much more across all styles and price points. We are the third largest online home improvement retailer in the United States, directly competing with giants such as Lowe's and Home Depot. We are Headquartered in Chico, California and currently employ more than 700 people.
The Build.com family of 18 sites include:
- Build.com, an online destination for all things home improvement!
- LivingDirect.com, smarter shopping, Better Living experience
- Kegerator.com, a place to buy all things related to Beer!
- Lightingshowplace.com, unexpected modern design for everyday life
- Faucetdirect.com, a collection of plumbing products and a niche site that performs amazingly today.
WHY WORK WITH US?
In a world where technology is forever changing and at a rapid pace, we like to believe we stand alone in always disrupting the norm in the home improvement space. Build.com is a growing beacon of pure awesomeness, holding our company culture and work environment to a high standard of excellence and uniqueness. We're looking for people who want to push the industry of home improvement into the next dimension and show the world that Build.com is the ONLY name in home improvement worth knowing.
We are an ever growing company in the industry of HOME IMPROVEMENT! Yes, we are responsible for helping individuals improve, update and showcase the most important space in their lives, their home! Our company pushes the limits of being innovative and we strive to be the BEST in the industry. You may ask what we have that other company's do not we would argue we employ the most passionate, hard working, and genuine people who love what they do and continue to push boundaries.
What is the opportunity for you?
We consider our software engineers to be the heart of our team. We are an Agile development group consisting of small teams of individual software engineers, working in a fast-paced environment. The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for researching and implementing various services that support multiple e-commerce web sites, native applications and internal tools. The Senior Software Engineer would report to a Software Engineering Team Lead.
What are you going to do:
- Write clean, modular, well documented, object-oriented code
- Define and abide by coding standards and guidelines for all engineers to follow
- Participate in code review sessions as part of a thorough, PCI-compliant quality assurance process
- Communicate clearly to various stakeholders, ensuring that problems are being addressed efficiently and business needs are being met in a timely and satisfactory fashion
- Contribute to technical feasibility assessments done prior to starting development, as a way to help business gauge the viability and priority of product enhancements
- Meet all quality and specification requirements by working closely with the QA Team, End Users, Product Managers, and Project Managers
What are you going to bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or an Engineering discipline. Equivalent experience will be considered
- Expert in object-oriented analysis, design and development
- 5+ years Java and Spring experience
- Experience in a variety of technologies including Java, Spring Boot, SQL, Kafka, RabbitMQ, relational databases, NoSQL databases, Docker, Microservices architecture
- Proponent of technical documentation, specifications, white papers, ERDs
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Experience working in Agile development teams and processes
- Experience with systems development, database architecture, SQL management software
- Experience using Git
What do we bring to the table:
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Great 401(k), PTO and benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Life and Vision
- Amazing work environment that makes you want to be at work everyday
- Team building and company wide events throughout the year (sometimes too many to count)
- Incredible employee discounts on Build.com products
- Internal Training programs suited to what you are wanting to develop in
- A wide variety of local discounts plus all of Ferguson Inc. employee perks
*Pre-employment drug and background screening required
**Build.com is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability. We value diversity.
Keywords: Build.com, Chico , Senior Java Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Chico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!