Company: MGE Underground, Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
MGE is a utility infrastructure contractor serving investor-owned
and public utilities throughout California from its headquarters in
Paso Robles and satellite offices throughout the state. Our mission
is to be the leading provider of innovative construction solutions
for our clients, providing the best value in support of their
growing utility and infrastructure requirements.
As the Equipment Operator you will safely operate heavy equipment
such as a Backhoe, Front End Loaders, Skip Loaders, and
Duties And Responsibilities
- Follow daily procedures and protocols as set forth in job
orientations and trainings.
- Operate heavy equipment of various sizes and wrights used for
excavation and installation of underground utilities, such as
backhoe, front-end loader, and hydraulic excavators.
- For excavators- be able to set and load trucks efficiently to
optimize production and be able of utilizing rock breaker and/or
- Operate heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Report accidents, incidents, and injuries immediately.
- Work with and assist the line crew in trenches, hoisting
material, tools, equipment, and any related work with a backhoe or
- Keep equipment clean and from dirt and excess grease.
- Change buckets on equipment.
- Properly identify all utilities prior to performing excavation
- Consult with Foreman prior to digging to confirm unidentified
or undefined utility indications.
- Attend weekly toolbox talks and all other company safety
- Grease, oil, fuel and do daily maintenance of equipment.
- Hand dig around existing utilities when necessary.
- Ensure all underground utilities are exposed by hand.
- Thorough knowledge of California Excavation Laws including
California Government Code 4216 and Cal/OSHA Title 8 Construction
Safety Order Chapter 4, Subchapter 4, Article, Section 1541.
- Operate tampers, jackhammers, drills, and saws.
- Carry, load, and/or haul equipment and/or materials to be used
on the job site.
- Follow all company safety policies and practices, while
observing stipulated safety codes at all times.
- Report any equipment repairs and/or breakdowns needed to
Foreman or Supervisor.
- Light repair and maintenance of tools and equipment, cleaning
and washing equipment.
- Maneuvering motorized heavy equipment to ensure the accurate
removal and placement of materials.
- Loading and offloading rocks, debris, and other materials from
- Communicate with crews to elucidate project specification, as
- Aiding coworkers to ensure that the site is clean and organized
at the end of each shift.
- Provide suggestions to refine workflow and boost
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications And Experience
- Required: Minimum of 5 years' heavy equipment operating
- Ability to operate heavy equipment such as a backhoe,
excavator, trencher and rock wheel.
- Excavation experience in production and safety-oriented
- Detail-oriented - quality and precision-focused.
- Team-oriented - cooperative and collaborative.
- Competitive and growth oriented.
- Hard working with strong work ethic.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong organization, people, and time management skills.
- Must be able to follow oral and written plans and
- Required: Successful candidates must pass the following
pre-employment requirements prior to beginning employment: drug
screen and background check. Background checks include, but are not
limited to, Social Security Verification, Prior Employment
Verification, Motor Vehicle Records, Personal and Professional
References, Criminal History.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
The physical requirements described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these
- Extended standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Sitting for long periods of time in moving, vibrating, jerking,
or stationery machinery.
- Repetitive motion from operating hand and foot controls of the
- Working in loud or noisy environments.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, or carry loads (not greater than
50 pounds), individually at a time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision.
- Employee is required to drive a motor vehicle and travel to
- Must be able to access and navigate job sites and construction
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: MGE Underground, Inc., Chico , Equipment Operator, Other , Chico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!