Routine Field Clerk (IBEW) - Oroville
Company: PG&E Corp.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Requisition ID # 90882
Job Category : Administrative / Clerical
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Oroville
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of
safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric
Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric
distribution and transmission operations, including planning,
engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management,
business planning, restoration and emergency response.
This is an International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW)
Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of
experience representing employees at PG&E. This job is subject
to collective bargaining.
This position provides administrative support to the general
construction organization. Responsibilities may include payroll
processing, lodging coordination, personal expense processing,
ordering and delivering materials to the work sites, and various
The Routine Field Clerk is a General Construction position and
individuals must be able to travel and transfer to a new
headquarters upon request at any time including during emergency or
storm response; throughout the entire PG&E service territory
with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home. This
would require working in extreme weather and at remote locations.
This position may require overtime depending on business need.
- Completes expense reports with supporting documentation;
submits for approval and processing; handles lodging
- Reviews time cards for accuracy and inputs into the payroll
system and submits for approval. Keeps daily contact with crew
foreman for the time and calculates bus fare (mileage for
transfers). Distributes checks. Completes change tags in the
- Orders materials and office supplies based on inventory and
individual requests. Creates material Purchase Orders. Contacts
vendor for pricing information. Delivers materials to job sites in
- Reviews department operations and purchasing invoices for
accuracy. Enters invoices into computer system for payment and
submits requests and documentation to Accounts Payable
- Sorts and delivers interoffice mail.
- Performs order closure tasks.
- Generates and supplies construction crews with job
- Completes and enters third-party or employee claims into
computer system. Tracks and records claims.
- Records safety-related information and training information.
Performs data entry for department including customer notification
mileage information, paving work, application forms and service
- Files paperwork, including employee bid sheets and employee
files for the department.
- Provides administrative support to the department supervisor,
including answering of phones, taking messages, scheduling meetings
and preparing meeting agendas.
- Provides miscellaneous administrative support to employees
which may include completing forms and applications, technical
assistance, materials tracking, training, and coordinating Workers
Compensation appointments as needed.
- Provide support during emergency events and wear FR clothing
- During a fire emergency event, must be able to sleep in
sleepers and stay at Base Camp.
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License by day 1 of
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon
request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service
territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 25-50 pounds
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays,
and various work schedules
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective
- Ability to obtain forklift certification
- Data Entry experience
- SAP experience
- Ariba experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and
- Demonstrated experience with Payroll time entry
- Demonstrated experience with Concur expense reporting
- Graduate from the PowerPathway Program
- Relevant Hiring Hall experience
- Relevant PG&E experience
- Previous Military experience
- To better represent the communities we serve, applicants who
live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given
PG&E Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite
tests prior to submitting an application; and all secondary tests
prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and
secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the
- Clerical Test Battery
- Typing Test-15WPM
- Work Orientation Inventory-Clerical
Keywords: PG&E Corp., Chico , Routine Field Clerk (IBEW) - Oroville, Other , Oroville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!