Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Full-time in Paradise, CA
Company: Adventist Health NW
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We
provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the
greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are
driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health,
wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to
always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Psychiatric
Nurse Practitioner who:
Responsible for providing expert clinical care in general or
specialty area. Assesses, plans and provides patient care in
collaboration with the attending physician. Provides comprehensive
health assessment, medical diagnosis of acute and chronic
illnesses, writes prescriptions, and formulates a treatment plan.
Diagnoses medical conditions. Plans and implements interventions.
Assists in the medical/surgical care and evaluates responses in
collaboration of the attending and consulting physicians.
- Interviews patients, employees, and/or family members.
Constructs comprehensive medical histories. Performs initial and
periodic physical examinations. Evaluates patient behavior and
explores patient's interpretation of health needs. Works under the
scope of practice of a nurse practitioner and as an agent of the
- Comfortable with seeing/treating depression and anxiety.
- Directly performs or orders appropriate diagnostic studies and
interprets finished results.
- Provides treatment of patients as needed, including
administering medications and/or vaccines and performing
procedures. Works under the scope of practice of a nurse
practitioner and as an agent of the physician.
- Writes orders to increase, decrease, or change medication
(subject to checking and medical consultation as indicated).
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree: Preferred
- Two years relevant clinical psychiatric experience in:
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) licensure in state of practice:
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of practice:
Keywords: Adventist Health NW, Chico , Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Full-time in Paradise, CA, Other , Paradise, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!