Recreation Field Specialist (Director)
Company: The Chico Area Recreation & Park District
Posted on: June 3, 2021
CARD is looking for a motivated and energetic person to join our
Adult Rec Sports team! The Field Specialist oversees a variety of
Adult Rec Sports out at various athletic facilities in Chico. The
Field Specialist interacts with participants and supports our
Sports Officials during CARD League games.
ESSENTIAL AND MARGINAL FUNCTIONS: May include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Implement and conduct site specific programs, which may include
different levels of program activities. For example, Softball,
Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Flag Football and Volleyball.
- Works with the Recreation Supervisor and Recreation
Coordinators by making suggestions and assisting with the creation
and implementation of Adult Sports activities
- Ensure safety of all participants.
- Render first aid when needed in accordance with CARD
regulations and guidelines.
- Responsible for inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes and publicizes programs & CARD in a positive
- Make appropriate recommendations to the Recreation
- Supervise, train and evaluate program staff and
- Provide quality customer service; have positive and effective
communication and interaction with program participants, parents,
co-workers, program partners, and the public, and maintain a
- Attends and implements regularly scheduled meetings.
- Be pro-active in addressing the needs of the program without
requiring specific direction.
- Ability to learn and perform basic field maintenance and set
- Follow through with tasks assigned by the Recreation Supervisor
and/or Recreation Coordinator(s) and meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict and resolution.
- Effective communication with supervisor, staff, spectators and
- Knowledge of the basic principles, techniques and methodology
of organizing groups and individuals in a recreational
- General knowledge of computer skills.
- Motivate, supervise and evaluate officials effectively.
- Ability to work cooperatively and harmoniously with public and
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in sports or recreation
leadership, programming, organization and planning.
- Ability to effectively communicate and actively engage with
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written
- Ability to read and write at a level necessary for acceptable
- Ability to follow CARD regulations and guidelines for
- Ability to work the hours the program requires.
- Depending on assignment, must be a minimum of 18 years of
- Minimum two years of work experience in recreation leadership,
programming, organization, or planning or CARD Recreation Leader
II/Recreation Leader III experience with demonstrated high
- Ability to correctly utilize CARD technology and software for
daily operational effectiveness.
- Possession of current First Aid and CPR certificates or
obtainment of certificates within 1 month of hire unless other
arrangements are approved by the Recreation Supervisor.
- Ability to be in compliance with and meet background check
- Possess a valid California Driver's License and be insurable on
the District's vehicle liability policy (if required to drive a
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent sitting, walking, or standing for long periods of
time; occasional running, bending, twisting, kneeling or
- Frequent lifting, pushing, or pulling up to 25 pounds;
occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent grasping, holding, and reaching, including reaching
over head or shoulder.
- Constant use of overall vision.
- Frequent hearing and talking in person and by phone.
- Frequent participant, public, and co-worker contact; occasional
- Occasional exposure to loud noises and large groups of
Keywords: The Chico Area Recreation & Park District, Chico , Recreation Field Specialist (Director), Other , Chico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!