Company: Butte County Environmental Health
Posted on: June 6, 2021
This position receives $2,335.00 weekend pay for available
weekend shifts beginning at 5:00 PM on Friday and ending at 8:00 AM
on Monday when working at the Psychiatric Health Facility. Standby
pay is also available.
Under general direction, provides clinical assessments and
treatment services to alleviate suffering in clients with
behavioral health disorders.
Essential Job Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks,
knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list that follows
is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide
a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities.
Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and
may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Conducts psychiatric evaluations and assessments of assigned
and referred clients.
- Provides client treatment services including evaluating,
diagnosing and treating mental disorders, developing treatment
plans, and providing crisis intervention.
- Provides clinical direction to clinicians, counselors, and
therapists in the treatment of clients.
- Develops treatment plans and counsels clients with psychiatric
- Reviews treatment plans developed by subordinate therapists and
makes recommendations for the treatment of patients.
- Maintains files of patients, and prepares related documentation
- Monitors case files of treatment staff and approves client
treatment and discharge initiatives.
- Cooperates with other organizational team members to create and
administer a comprehensive treatment program.
- Medical Doctor's degree required, and a valid Physician and
Surgeon Certificate issued by the State of California Board of
- Must possess or be eligible for certification by the American
Board of Psychiatry as a Psychiatrist; must remain active with all
annual licensing requirements, and maintain a clear criminal
- Valid State of California driver's license may be
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work is performed in an office environment and health
- Health clinic working conditions involves the potential for
high stress levels and exposure to hostile situations; some
non-standard work hours are required.
- Must work with a highly manipulative, questionably motivated
and clinically challenging client population; must be able to
maintain professional composure and clinical effectiveness.
Keywords: Butte County Environmental Health, Chico , Psychiatrist, Other , Oroville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!