Infection Preventionist/Employee Health LVN
Company: American Advanced Management, Inc
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Colusa Medical Center, provides both inpatient and outpatient
services, including emergency services, to the surrounding
community bringing exceptional healthcare and service to our
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This job description is a record of the essential functions of
the listed job. The job description provides the employee, CEO,
Human Resources, applicants and other agencies with a clear
understanding of the job, where it fits into the organization, and
the skill and work requirements in relation to other jobs. Jobs are
always changing to some degree and the existence of the approved
job description is not intended to limit normal change and growth.
The facility will make reasonable accommodations to otherwise
qualified individuals who are capable of performing the essential
functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Conducts organization-wide surveillance, reporting of
communicable disease to public health, monitors environment for
infection prevention and control risks and provides educational/in
service activities that support the CMC infection control program,
including inpatient and ambulatory services. Endeavors to promote
health and safety to all employees by facilitating an Employee
Health Program which includes disease detection, prevention, and
treatment; conducting employee screenings; and, promoting a safe
- Certification in infection prevention is desired.
- Completion of a basic training program for infection prevention
within 1 year of hire required.
- Knowledge of CDC, CAL OSHA, CDPH, CIHQ standards for infection
prevention and control preferred.
- Knowledge of CDC-NHSN definitions, software and data analysis
- Ability to develop policy and procedures desired.
- Ability to teach and evaluate clinical performance
Current State of California license as a licensed vocational
nurse, registered nurse, or medical technologist or has equivalent
- Monitors healthcare-associated infections.
- Assesses infection prevention problems and makes
recommendations for corrective action.
- Prepares the agenda for the infection prevention
- Oversees the monitoring of infection prevention practices for
all departments and personnel.
- Initiates, reviews, and revises infection prevention policies
- Conducts outbreak investigations and initiates control
- Reports communicable diseases to the state as required by
- Provides educational offerings for orientation and ongoing in
- Consults with department heads and physicians as needed to
evaluate and improve quality of care.
- Initiates follow-up on employee/patient exposures to
communicable diseases and employee compliance.
- Serves as an infection control resource for all departments and
staff as needed.
- Participates in performance improvements activities and other
projects/programs with Quality department
- Participates in short- and long-range planning for the
infection prevention department.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to ensure completion of all
new and annual required health screenings.
- Plans, implements and conducts annual TB screening per
- Provides blood borne pathogen and infection control related
training to employees in applicable departments.
- Plans, implements and conducts annual Flu Vaccine Program.
- Provides education on an as needed basis regarding hand washing
and isolation practices.
- Under the direction of the DSD, in coordination with DON will
assure appropriate training for CNAs per title 22.
- Assists DON with tools and trainings for Monitor Tech/Ward
- May be asked to fill in for break/lunch relief for floor nurses
or work floor shifts at times of high census or low staffing.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Keywords: American Advanced Management, Inc, Chico , Infection Preventionist/Employee Health LVN, Other , Colusa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!