Manager of Culture and Learning
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Our mission is to make clothes that help our customers feel
beautiful, comfortable and confident, and we want the same for our
employees. Lulus is an organization that welcomes and creates
opportunities for all employees to reach their full potential. When
our employees have opportunities to learn and grow we become a
better brand, organization, and realize our mission.
Join the LuCrew!
The Manager of Culture and Learning influences and engages
leaders, team members, and other key stakeholders at Lulus to
actively participate in related programs and activities aligning
with business needs and the Lulus Core Values. This individual is a
natural coach and mentor who can own and execute strategies, foster
relationships within all levels of the organization, and relate
well with others. This position is responsible for creating a
thriving and engaged workforce in partnership with management and
the Human Resources team, maintaining effective programs for
employee retention, promotion, succession planning, belonging, and
Learning and Development
- Establish the learning and development ecosystem at Lulus:
create and lead the strategic framework for company-wide
organizational training and employee development & engagement
programs to promote a performance culture that drives business
results, employee engagement, and belonging.
- Identify and co-design scalable solutions that include a
blended approach to learning across all levels, such as coaching,
classroom training, 1:1 sessions, action learning &
- Assess Learning and Development needs across all tenures and
experience levels on an annual basis, working with broader HR,
Training Teams, and cross-functional partners to understand and
prioritize learning programs.
- Create an annual training calendar and identify relevant topics
- Partner with functional leaders throughout the business to
build career development paths within and between business units
and identify training plans and resources for movement between
- Collaborate with HR, Talent Acquisition, and Senior Leadership
teams on design, development, and delivery of ongoing talent
strategy including performance management, team and performance
effectiveness, competency framework, and career pathing.
- Lead teams, whether direct reports or cross-functional partners
and vendors in program design and implementation of end-to-end
talent management and team development solutions that include the
evaluation, design, and delivery of programs.
- Measure training effectiveness and routinely refresh and
improve training content.
- Ability to successfully flex across training mediums
(in-person, blended, remote), tailoring to your audience and
considering factors such as culture, technology, and learning
- Regularly collect, communicate and act on employee feedback
(via surveys and other feedback loops) to further Lulus status as a
- Be an advocate and sounding board for Lulus employees.
- Partner with leaders and employee groups to prioritize
- Research and utilize employee engagement best practices and
- Maintain an annual calendar for company meetings and
holiday/cultural acknowledgment intended to boost employee
engagement and foster a culture based on Lulus Core Values.
- Collaborate on and contribute to various internal
communications that are aligned with Lulus culture and written
Belonging, Dignity, and Justice (BDJ) - Lulus approach to
- Maintain and build upon existing diversity and inclusion
programs to help attract top talent to Lulus and ensure current
employees feel valued, included, and engaged.
- Measure and advance company BDJ initiatives.
- Provide BDJ support and training to various groups within the
company in partnership with our BDJ task forces.
- Champion belonging, dignity and justice and ensure they are
embraced by the organization in spirit and operations.
- Train hiring managers and recruiters on how to select, manage,
evaluate and retain a diverse team of employees.
- Provide subject matter expertise on BDJ best practices.
- Oversee the Lulus Steward Network employee group for Belonging,
Dignity, and Justice.
Minimum education and experience required
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of broad HR experience including performance
management, learning and development, and/or DEI.
- Experience developing, implementing, and measuring employee
and/or community training programs.
- Excited to grow employee engagement and increase
- Experience leading or co-leading DEI strategy and
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues surrounding sexism,
ableism, racism, antiBlackness, classism, heterosexism, and other
forms of exclusion.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled at leading people through change at all levels.
Prepared and masterful trainer/teacher.
- Can assess effectiveness both qualitatively and
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and in close
collaboration with others; can shift between strategic thinking and
tactical execution within a fast-paced environment.
- Effective project management skills.
Lulus strives to create an organizational climate that fosters
belonging, dignity, and justice so that all of our team members can
show up as their authentic selves and thrive. We are committed to
increasing the representation of marginalized people across our
team through hiring practices that value lived experience and
unique perspectives. Our work environment embraces creative
expression, collaboration, and connection without the expectation
Keywords: Lulus, Chico , Manager of Culture and Learning, Other , Chico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!