Clinical Consultant / Clinical Educator
for Critical Care Monitoring Devices and Clinical
Full-Time Traveling opportunities for candidates in California
metropolitan areas & Las Vegas, NV.
Are you a Critical Care RN who loves your healthcare career but
need a change from the everyday grind of the bedside? Are you a
leader who enjoys providing education to your peers? Ever wonder
what it would be like to travel, explore new environments, while
meeting and training new colleagues? If so, we invite you to
partner with us for an opportunity as a traveling Clinical
Our Clinical Solutions division offers a unique and exciting
professional growth opportunity in the medical device and clinical
information systems arena. We provide clinical application support
for the world's top patient monitoring device company. Our
full-time Educators travel to healthcare facilities to provide
end-user training, configuration, and go-live support.
We and our client are committed to your success! The orientation
for this role is typically 6 months long and includes classroom and
field training. You will learn a lot about yourself, healthcare
management and operations, and an assortment of clinical practices
and implementations. You can become an expert in the latest
healthcare technology and develop or enhance many professional
We are not a recruitment agency and these positions are benefit
eligible. Our full-time benefits include: paid time off, health,
dental, vision, and life insurance; short and long-term disability,
401k and more. A corporate credit card is available for business
If you have the qualifications listed below and a commitment to
the requirements, all you need to bring is yourself and
Availability and Travel requirements:
- Schedule requirements: Maintain availability (48+ weeks per
year) of 4-5 days per week between Monday and Friday, plus travel.
Must be available for departure travel on Sundays to return on
Thursdays or Fridays; OR, departure on Mondays to return on Fridays
or Saturdays. And, must be willing to work 5 days per week, 50% of
the time, when assignment needs are longer than the 4 days.
- Readiness and willingness to work all shifts (Days, Evenings,
and Nights) without disinclination or declination.
- Ability to travel for several consecutive overnights across a
- Must live within 1 hour of a major US airport for air travel
needs (including willingness to fly regional jets) and have access
to reliable transportation for drivable assignments 4-5 hours from
- Currently live in California or Las Vegas, NV.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travels to customer sites to educate and support healthcare
professionals in operating their critical care monitors
proficiently and safely.
- Configures or design monitor set-up per client company directed
parameters and customer consultation.
- Provides post-sales end-user education
- Delivers go-live support with new monitors or upgrades.
- Upholds customer focus by proactive assessment and appropriate
communication/escalation of customer needs and solutions.
- Communicates with client company Clinical Specialists and
completes documentation, as required.
- Maintains competency on product via company provided training
events (classroom training, online learning modules, etc.)
- Optimizes travel strategies for cost savings.
- Maintains successful completion of corporate and client
- Completes expense and hourly reports as outlined.
- Meets and maintains vendor credentialing requirements with
immunizations and related medical requirements.
- Sustains current driver's license and acceptable driving
Minimum Professional Qualifications
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- 3 solid and recent years of critical care experience (ICU, CCU,
PICU, NICU, ED, etc).
- In-depth knowledge of the critical care environment and
clinical applications (interpreting cardiac rhythms and
ST-segments, bedside cardiac monitoring devices and central station
monitoring, invasive lines and pressure monitoring; including
cardiac output, wedge pressures, etc).
- High level of initiative, accountability and professionalism.
This includes a customer service attitude which exceeds customer
expectations and brings value for our client's end-users!
- Exceptional communication, presentation/training, interpersonal
relationship, and critical thinking skills.
- Computer literacy: Comfortable with Windows, MS Office Suite
applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), and networks.
- Experienced in frequent domestic travel and capacity to make
and schedule own travel arrangements and other activities.
- 5 recent years of critical care experience (ICU, CCU, PICU,
NICU, ED, etc.)
- Formalized end-user education/in-service experience.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
Work Environment and Physical Demands: The work environment and
physical demands described below represent the activities and
surroundings of the positions.
- Frequent overnight business travel via air, train and
automobile across multiple time zones.
- Conditions such as cleanliness, comfort, weather, and safety
may vary widely.
- Ability to be managed remotely and work autonomously in
dynamic, fast paced environments with high demands and
- Clinical settings and business travel can involve environmental
exposure to infectious disease, hazardous agents, etc.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, bend/twist, sit,
climb, crawl and stoop for extended periods of time.
- Involves speaking with and hearing end-users, seeing screen
colors and hearing device alarms for configuration, teaching, and
To be considered for this opportunity, please visit our Careers
page on our website to apply for open opportunities and begin the
General company information can be found @ www.emsar.com
"Pay-it-forward"/Referral bonus: If this opportunity is not
right for you, please take a moment and forward this opportunity to
your colleagues who match the qualifications. If your exceptional
clinician mentions you during the interview process and becomes
part of the EMSAR clinical team, we will pay you a $100 referral
We are looking for Critical Care Clinical Educators near major
metropolitan areas, including: Anaheim, CA; Bakersfield, CA;
Burbank, CA; Chico,
CA; Fontana, CA; Fremont, CA; Fresno, CA; Huntington Beach, CA;
Irvine, CA; Long Beach, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Modesto, CA; Moreno
CA; Napa, CA; Ontario, CA; Orange County, CA; Riverside, CA; San
Bernardino, CA; San Diego, CA; Santa Ana, CA; Santa Barbara,
Stockton, CA; and, Las Vegas, NV
EMSAR is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers
all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic information, service in the uniformed
services, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local
This Employer participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and
Other keywords: Clinical Trainer, Clinical Application
Specialist, Clinical Liaison, Clinical in-servicing.