Clinical Lab Scientist
Company: American Advanced Management, Inc
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Colusa Medical Center, provides both inpatient and outpatient
services, including emergency services, to the surrounding
community bringing exceptional healthcare and service to our
The Clinical Laboratory scientist performs a variety of
laboratory tests, which may be complex and involve numerous steps
and techniques. Tests may be performed in hematology, urinalysis,
transfusion service, chemistry, coagulation, serology, and
microbiology. Professional application of the principles, theories
and techniques of laboratory science are used to produce reliable
test results, which aid the physician in diagnosis and treatment.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist will need to exercise
professional judgment and perform in a professional manner. The
Laboratory Scientists are accountable for accurate results
employing proper use of Quality Control materials. They must
recognize the interdependency of tests and the conditions that may
affect the results. They are expected to correct their own errors.
They must maintain and make small repairs and adjustments to a
variety of complex instruments. They may be responsible for the
work of others in the absence of a supervisor. They are required to
continually update their knowledge. They must comply with all
applicable law and regulation.
California State Licensure. Must be able to perform complex
analysis, which require a definite network of steps and variables.
Must have an in-depth knowledge of techniques, principles and
instruments. Must be able to recognize problems, identify their
cause, create alternatives and determine solutions. Must possess
good communication skills. Must be responsible for own work and
decisions and must be able to supervise and teach others. Must be
able to evaluate procedures and instrumentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specimen collection and processing:
- Phlebotomy skills.
- Venipuncture/finger stick.
- Prepare specimens for pathology
- Prepare samples for daily workload and for reference lab.
- Read and record temperatures of various instruments,
refrigerators and incubators.
- Help with daily inventory and replenishment of blood bank.
- Inventory and request supplies and reagents for ordering.
- Perform and record quality control data in all
- Be adept in the procedures involved with charges, charts,
logging tests or patients in and out, mailing specimens, receiving
reports, and other duties of a clerical nature.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary
to provide care and/or services appropriate to the age of the
patients served in his/her assigned area. The skills and knowledge
needed to provide such care may be gained through education,
training or experience.
- Perform routine and special tests in chemistry, hematology,
coagulation, urinalysis, transfusion service and serology.
- Set up, read, subculture, identify, and report microbiology
- Perform quality control procedures for media and VITEK
- Perform and record daily, weekly and monthly preventative
maintenance on instruments.
- Be able to trouble shoot and solve procedure and instrument
- Maintain a neat and clean work area.
- Perform as a generalist technologist and be adept in moving
from department to department in order to complete workload.
- Assume responsibility for reporting tests results to
Keywords: American Advanced Management, Inc, Chico , Clinical Lab Scientist, Other , Colusa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!