Sr. Universal Banker
Company: Mechanics Bank
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Mechanics Bank is looking for a Sr. Universal Banker for our
South Chico Branch.
With limited supervision, independently and accurately performs
the full range of teller and new account transactions according to
established procedures. Approves client and internal transactions
for other employees, provides dual control support, and is highly
knowledgeable in operating policies and procedures. Delivers
excellent customer service.
What you will do:
- Performs routine teller transactions, new account transactions
and works directly with clients. Responsible for maintaining and
balancing a cash supply for transactions performed.
- Provides comprehensive deposit services to individuals,
fiduciary, and small businesses in a retail branch. Promotes the
full range of deposit products and services that best meets the
- Receives, processes and closes consumer loan and small business
loan applications and reviews loan packages for required
documentation. Clarifies to customer basic qualifications for the
loan(s), rates, terms and conditions. Keeps customer apprised of
loan application status.
- Assists customers with account maintenance, online banking,
mobile banking, and other complex account issues. Resolves concerns
presented by clients.
- Represents the Bank and its products and services with pride
and enthusiasm. Senses and responds to customer needs. Identifies
and pursues new or related customer opportunities for additional
products and/or services. Provides quality referrals to business
- Reviews client transactions for red flags and fraudulent items.
Maintains awareness of current criminal scams used against banking
clients. Prevents clients from becoming victims of fraud.
- Maintains compliance with established internal operational
standards and Federal and State regulations to protect the interest
of the Bank and customers; reviews the work of others for
compliance. Completes required compliance training in a timely
- May lead and direct the activities of Customer Service
Representatives and other Universal Bankers.
Who you are:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively as a
- Ability to make decisions, review, and approve other employee
- Excellent time management skills, organizational ability, and
attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of Bank deposit products and services.
- Thorough knowledge of Bank's standard loan products.
- Extensive knowledge of alternative Bank services and products
and vendor provided products.
- Ability to persuade, including the value and benefits of using
the Bank's services and products.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State banking
Certifications, Licensing, Education, Experience and Other
- High School Diploma/GED
- Intermediate Contributor: 1-3 Years of Experience
- May require registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO)
under the "Secure and Fair Enforcement of Mortgage Licensing
- May require notary license
- Mechanics Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion,
national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or on
the basis of disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or
other bases prohibited by applicable law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
- To learn more about Mechanics Bank's California privacy and
security policies, including your right to a Notice At Collection
as a California Resident, please visit https://www.mechanicsbank.com/California-Consumer-Residents
Keywords: Mechanics Bank, Chico , Sr. Universal Banker, Other , Chico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!