Information Systems Technician
Company: Butte County Environmental Health
Posted on: June 13, 2021
This recruitment has been extended and will now close at 5:00
p.m. on June 10, 2021.
The eligibility list created by this recruitment may be used by
ANY Butte County department.
The current vacancy is in the Information Systems
Under general supervision, provides technical support functions
for computer applications and system users; troubleshoots problems
and provides basic system maintenance functions.
Note:A training and experience evaluation may be utilized to
determine an applicant's ranking among qualified candidates. Based
upon information provided in this application including responses
to supplemental questions, an applicant's education, training and
experience may be evaluated using a pre-determined formula.
Applicants should provide thoughtful and thorough responses to
supplemental questions as they play an important role in this
recruitment process. All qualifying work experience that is
described or included in responses to supplemental questions MUST
also be included and detailed in the "Work Experience" section of
this application. "See Resume" is not an acceptable response for
any supplemental question. Essential Job Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks,
knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list that follows
is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide
a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities.
Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and
may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Provides technical assistance to staff in County Departments;
analyzes problems and implements solutions; provides technical
support, analysis, and training in the use of computers and
- Performs computer trouble-shooting to isolate and diagnose
system problems; analyzes personal computer and peripherals'
functionality; identifies, locates, resolves and repairs
- Maintains and updates computer systems; installs software
upgrades, enhancements and revised functions; documents work
- Relocates information systems hardware as directed; provides
referral to appropriate party when complex malfunctions occur; and
tracks the problem until it has been resolved.
- Maintains local user accounts and system security for e-mail
and file shares.
- Maintains an accurate report of equipment and software
malfunctions; keeps the computer equipment clean and performs other
preventive maintenance functions.
- Configures, installs and upgrades user hardware.
- Performs system backups and monitors computer environment as
- Evaluates new hardware, software and related equipment for
functionality and fit to current operating environment.
- Monitors and resolves basic network connectivity problems.
- Performs telecommunication duties relating to support,
maintenance, ordering and documentation.
- Organizes and maintains a complete inventory of tools and
equipment required by the department.
- Complies with all County equipment and safety policies and
procedures, and Occupational Health and Safety Administration
(OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED certification.
- Two (2) years of computer systems experience. An A+
certification or higher, or an Associate's degree in Computer
Science or a related field from an accredited college or university
preferred. One (1) year of experience in Butte County
- Valid State of California Driver's license may be
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work is performed in an office environment, as well as
warehouses, mechanical rooms, rooftops, construction sites and
- Requires vision to monitor and use computer equipment in the
course of work; the ability to stand, walk, lift and crawl; ability
to communicate face-to-face and with telephone; On-call work
Keywords: Butte County Environmental Health, Chico , Information Systems Technician, Other , Oroville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!