Addictions Counselor (Medication Assisted Treatment)
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
About this role:
Provides treatment and support to assist patients in their recovery
from addiction. Assists' with modifying problem behaviors.
Maintains standards of professional counseling practice in
accordance with clinic policies and procedures. Participates as an
interdisciplinary team member to facilitate the best patient
experience and positive clinical outcome. What you bring to the
* Graduate from an accredited College or University
* Bachelor's Degree in social or health services field, Master's
* Two years of experience in a counseling field
* Experience working directly with behavioral health or addiction
recovery population preferred
* Licensure or Clinical Certification as required by state in which
What you will do:
* Collects various forms of data pertaining to Medical, Mental
Health and MAT services.
* Keeps record of information obtained during research. May include
a database of information, hard files, etc.
* Assists with MAT grant tracking, including data entry to track
MAT program accomplishments, outcomes, patient volume, revenue,
* Conducts analyses of data. Interprets, draws conclusions, and
discusses with administration staff.
* Prepares various reports containing descriptive, analytical, and
evaluative content that may be required.
* Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the
function of the position.
* May co-facilitate assigned group or family sessions.
* Maintain a patient caseload under direct supervision based on
* Responsible for initial assessments, as well as follow up
assessment, for patients.
* Acts as a liaison between referral sources and patients.
* Plan for aftercare for patients.
* Acts as a liaison with insurance carriers, as requested.
* Provides case management duties for patients; as needed.
* Complies with organizational policies, procedures and performance
* Responsible for ensuring records for patients are in full
compliance with company or clinic policies, federal and state laws
and regulations at all times.
* Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with
others, and maintains them over time;
* Attends MAT collaborative meetings and team meetings.
* Continues professional development through in-service education,
workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to maintain current
knowledge applicable to the position; complies with Human Resource
* Communicates and collaborates with providers and all members of
the multi-disciplinary health care team as needed to facilitate MAT
patient registries and community outreach activities.
* Works in partnership with addiction facilities, mental health and
primary care agencies toward goals of collaborated care for
* Ability to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of
practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
* Ability to apply sound judgement beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
* Ability to remain alert at all times; pay close attention to
* Ability to work under stress on a regular or continuous
* Ability to be organized and data driven.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer Our
investment in you:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
* Time off & leave benefits
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Parental benefits
* Perks and discounts
* And more available here https://wellpathcareers.com/
Keywords: Wellpath, Chico , Addictions Counselor (Medication Assisted Treatment), Other , Gridley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!