Company: JOANN Stores
Posted on: September 15, 2023
The Key Holder's responsibility first and foremost is to deliver a
premium customer experience by inspiring creativity within our
customers and making JOANN their happy place! All Team Members
drive sales through advanced product knowledge, innovative
merchandising, and cutting counter accuracy. The Key Holder will
also assist the Store Management team with leading the store team
members by observing/coaching individuals as well as performing
operational duties that include but are not limited to
opening/closing, ensuring store compliance, and finding creative
ways to drive the business. The Key Holder will also embody
characteristics and perform the duties of Hearts, Hands, Minds, and
Responsibilities & Competencies
- Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model
to meet the customer's needs.
- Asks open-ended questions to learn about customers' project
needs and escorts them to the desired product's location.
- Engages in friendly conversation with customers about their
projects while serving them at the cutting counter, cash register,
and sales floor. HANDS
- Processes customer transactions at the cutting counter and cash
register in an efficient and friendly manner with professionalism
- Lift boxes from the truck and receiving area, place and arrange
items on shelves and racks. Required to enter and exit truck beds
to remove freight. Unloads freight from the truck and sorts it
according to company procedures. Move product from truck to sales
floor as needed.
- Stocks shelves accurately according to planogram while
maintaining a high level of productivity and close attention to
- Maintains high standards throughout the sales floor by cleaning
and recovering shelves, putting away returns, and cleaning up any
spills/messes with a sense of urgency MINDS
- Invites customers to participate in store activities such as
Education Classes, Custom Framing, and any other events.
- Proactively drives sales through product knowledge, active
selling techniques, suggesting services, and building strong
customer relationships to the JOANN brand.
- Assists leadership in minimizing shrink in the store by
ensuring policy and procedure compliance including, but not limited
to, cutting counter accuracy, remnants, damages, and inventory
- Works with store management to identify opportunities to drive
the business and increase sales/profit. INSPIRE
- Works closely with Store Management to identify key tasks and
assists in delegating them to Team Members.
- Follows up to ensure tasks are completed well and in a timely
- May act as MOD to open/close store when no member of store
management is present.
- Collaborates with other Team Members or store management on
projects in a professional manner. Applicable laws may place
restrictions on a Team Members ability to perform certain work
duties listed in this job description. Please contact your manager
if you have any questions regarding the limitations on the duties
you can perform.
- Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break
- Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on
paper and computer screens.
- Orally communicate with customers and other team members on
consistent basis throughout their shift.
- Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
- Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal
- Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins,
etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
- Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
- Bend down and reach above head.
- Climb and descend ladder.
- Individually lift up to 49 pounds, and group lift up to 97
pounds (under 2 lbs on a constant basis, 10 lbs on a frequent
basis, 10-49 lbs on an occasional basis, and 50-97 lbs group lifts
on an infrequent basis). Expected Availability
Part-time status requires availability that meets the needs of the
store. Part-time Team Members are generally scheduled to work less
than an average of 28 hours per week in a measurement period, as
defined by JOANN and are not guaranteed any particular number of
hours per week. Open availability is defined as the ability to work
any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of
day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings,
weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Hours are scheduled
according to needs of the store and the team member's availability.
Relocation may be required for career progression.
Full-time status requires open availability and ability to work at
least an average of 36 hours per week over the course of a year.
Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all
hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of
week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends,
overnight shifts, and holidays. Team Members meeting these
requirements are eligible for benefits within the Company's
full-time benefits program. Hours are scheduled according to needs
of the store and the team member's availability. Relocation may be
required for career progression.
Education & Experience
Minimum - High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum - 1+ years of supervisory experience in a customer centric
This Position will be located at:
2485 Notre Dame Blvd Ste 310 Chico, CA 95928-7162
Range of Pay for Position (Final pay rate is based on experience
and qualifications): $15.50-$26.50
Eligibility for benefits and incentives is dependent upon
employment status. JOANN offers the following benefits and
incentives to eligible Team Members:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefit plans
- Company-paid basic, Optional, and Dependent life insurance
- Long-term disability and Company-paid Short-term
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with an employer % match and Employee
Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Discount
For more details on benefits and eligibility requirements, Click
Here or visit https://joann.myben.site/
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary
is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this
position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an
express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will
employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by
JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the
at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by
both you and authorized representative of JOANN.
Keywords: JOANN Stores, Chico , Key Holder, Other , Chico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!