Posted on: September 9, 2019
SummaryCreates a welcome environment for Customers. Assists and
directs Customers to their destination. Provides movie and theatre
information. Ensures a quality listening and viewing experience.
Implements auditorium management. Keeps theatre property clean and
free of debris. Maintains order and prevents panic in a crisis.
Ushers may be designated Usher-B (Booth Ushers) in theatres with
35mm projectors after proper training. The Usher may also be asked
to double as the Box Office Cashier, Concession Worker, or
Restaurant Worker, as staffing needs require.Essential Job
- Greets Customers and visitors.
- Announces information (seating availability, promotions,
- Tears tickets and directs Customers to an auditorium.
- Helps Customers find seats and invites Customer seating changes
when the auditorium is full.
- Monitors auditorium for unruly behavior and movie presentation
and sound quality.
- Cleans auditorium between each showing.
- Keeps theatre property clean and free from debris (lobby,
aisles, restrooms, auditoriums, exits, parking lot, etc.)
- Changes marquee information when needed.
- Instructs and calms Customers in the event of an
- Transports supplies to and from storage rooms.
- Assists in the maintenance of the theatre (replacing light
bulbs, cleaning walls, doors, mirrors, etc.)
- Watches for safety or security issues (trip hazards, lighting,
suspicious persons, etc.) and reports to management.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by
- Transports film to and from projection booth (for
- Builds up and breaks down film (for Usher-B).
- Threads film through the platter system and projector (for
- Sets computerized controls (for Usher-B).
- Focuses and frames the film presentation on the screen (for
- Adjusts sound volume and quality (for Usher-B).
- Repairs film breaks (for Usher-B).
- Monitors film presentation and projection equipment operation
- Maintains booth and booth equipment including xenon bulb
maintenance and replacement (for Usher-B).
- Available to work evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Ability to communicate with all ages, genders, and
- Ability to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend
- Ability to communicate and make announcements requires a clear
- Must be able to respond to requests, listen for sound quality,
identify crying babies and loud talkers in auditoriums, and react
to emergency warnings.
- Usher must check on presentation quality (picture and sound),
locate available seating, monitor unruly behavior, safely direct
Customers in time of panic, and identify debris.
- Tearing tickets requires a degree of manual dexterity.
- Cleaning auditoriums between shows requires maneuvering between
aisles of seats.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the theatre requires reaching,
bending, and lifting.
- Changing film titles on a marquee and replacing light bulbs
requires climbing a ladder.
- Ushers should be able to be on their feet during the entire
working period and have the physical strength to help others in the
event of an emergency.
- Must be able to transport the film cans (approximately 45
pounds) to and from the projection booth (for Usher-B).
- Must be able to push, pull, transport, and move film cans in
those theatres that show films in non-digital format. (for
- Considerable dexterity is required to thread the film between
rollers as the film must be precisely aligned in several places
- Required to operate several projector systems simultaneously
- Must be able to move rapidly (three minutes maximum) from one
point to another to accommodate the performance schedule and format
changes, repair film breaks, or refocus the projector during the
presentation of the feature (Usher-B).
- Must be able stand for most of the time on duty and do much
lifting, reaching, and carrying (Usher-B).
- Must be able to monitor the audio and video quality of the film
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Booth proficiency is essential for Usher-B.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching around the
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is intended only as a general guideline
of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a
legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend,
change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate.
Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even
though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in
this job description.
All Cinemark theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This
includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.
Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Cinemark, Chico , Usher, Other , Chico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!