Surgical Technician II
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Organization:SOPS-Sutter Outpatient Services - Yuba CityPosition
Overview: -Responsible for preparing the sterile field for surgical
operations including the setup of sterile instruments, assisting
surgeons in gowning and gloving, and draping patients for surgery.
Directly supports the surgical team during operations by passing
instruments and supplies, holding retractors, and anticipating
surgeons' needs during course of surgery. Supports the
functionality of the department by distributing supplies and
performing equipment maintenance, testing, and setup as needed.
Adheres to all local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and
procedures to ensure privacy and safety to help deliver optimal
patient care. May also be responsible for performing specific
procedures and/or may help orient other staff to the department.Job
Description:EDUCATIONEquivalent experience will be accepted in lieu
of the required degree or diploma.HS Diploma or equivalent
education/experienceGraduate of an accredited surgical technology
programCERTIFICATION & LICENSUREBLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare
ProviderPREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 1 year requires basic clinical and practical experience as
typically acquired in a similar environment.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- General knowledge of surgical tools, procedures, views, and
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions,
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology,
and medical terminology.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills,
including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within
standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve
objectives and meet deadlines.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies,
procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including
accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting
appropriate solutions from established options.
- Build collaborate relationships with peers and other healthcare
providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.Job
Shift:DaysSchedule:Part TimeShift Hours:8Days of the Week:Friday,
Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, WednesdayWeekend Requirements:Rotating
WeekendsBenefits:YesUnions:NoPosition Status: Non-ExemptWeekly
Hours:24Employee Status:RegularNumber of Openings:1This position
may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport,
dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or
potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational
Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.Sutter Health
Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Days
Keywords: Sutter Health, Chico , Surgical Technician II, Professions , Colusa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!