Company: Hal Hays Construction, Inc
Posted on: September 6, 2018
Job DescriptionWe are looking for Superintendent(s): Classification (Exempt/Non-Exempt): ExemptJob Location: Susanville, CA (Housing Assistance may be provided)General Summary of Position: Completes construction projects by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors, field staff, and sub-contractors. Position may oversee one or more jobs/areas at a time.Essential Functions/Responsibilities:
- Directly oversees job site personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work schedules, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Works with Project Manager and Scheduler in the development and refinement of the project schedule, to keep the schedules properly updated, and see that the job meets the completion date.
- Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times.
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specific times to conform to work schedules.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated on reports.
- Completes Daily Field Production Reports on a daily basis.
- Ensures company employees and subcontractors are adhering to the company safety policy.Qualifications:
- 5 years Construction experience working in the capacity of Superintendent.
- Experienced in General Building and/or Civil construction.
- Ability to travel throughout Northern California and Central Valley is a plus
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Manages difficult customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, and responds well to questions.
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED.
- OSHA 30 certification a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other basic computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with others.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test/physical/background check.Disclaimer: The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive of every job duty, responsibility, or qualification required by an employee assigned to this job. While employed in this position, an employee may be required to perform other assignments not listed on this job descriptionCompany DescriptionHal Hays Construction, Inc. invites you to join our talented and award-winning team as we grow our company to the next level. We provide General and Civil construction services to select high-growth markets like Utility Agencies, Military/Federal, Municipalities, Public Works, and Water Agencies. We provide Facility Modernization's, New Construction, Heavy Civil & Industrial work, Dry & Wet Utilities, Roads & Highways, Energy solutions, Aviation and Transit Infrastructure, and Security enhancements.Besides a great salary, paid holidays, and sick/vacation time, our team members enjoy: Comprehensive insurance program (medical, dental, vision, prescriptions, life insurance) 401(k) savings plan Annual profit sharing Paid industry training and certifications (in eligible areas) The Wayne B. Hays Scholarship Program (for HHCI employees and family members educational pursuits) Community Service volunteer opportunities Annual Summer & Christmas Parties and Quarterly BBQsAbout Hal Hays Construction, Inc. (HHCI)Celebrating over 27 years of service to clients, Hal Hays Construction, Inc. (HHCI) is an award-winning design build construction company providing vertical and civil construction services for high-growth clients throughout the Western states. HHCI is recognized as an INC 5000 High Growth Firm, ENR-Ranked Top California Contractor, Edison Supplier of the Year, National MBE Constructor of the Year, and Accredited Quality Contractor. HHCIs corporate headquarters is in Riverside, CA with branch offices in Redding, CA. Visit our website at www.halhays.com.Hal Hays Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants on race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, religion, marital status, military service/veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including genetic characteristics, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Hal Hays Construction, Inc, Chico , Construction Superintendent, Professions , Chico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!