Maintenance Technician, E & I
Company: The J. M. Smucker Company
Posted on: March 15, 2019
For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives, Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging, on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Caf Bustelo , R.W. Knudsen Family , Sahale Snacks , Smucker's Uncrustables , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Rachael Ray Nutrish , Meow Mix , Milk-Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and Nature s Recipe . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about our Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Maintenance Technician E & I
1630-0100, M-F, Occasional Overtime and Weekends
* Repair, maintain and support preventative maintenance on production equipment and power and controls equipment
* Troubleshoot in-depth PLC, and other control system related problems and train/assist production technicians in accomplishing task.
* Participate in controls upgrade projects and Capital Improvement projects for controls systems Identify and correct potential problems to prevent breakdowns and eliminate losses.
* Support process to control changes in the programmable systems.
* Respond to Work Orders and line break downs, processing documentation of work and parts through Smucker systems.
* Develop and Verify SOPs for proper cleaning, inspection, lubrication, and alignment of the equipment, and train/oversee equipment Operators in performing the clean, inspect and lube tasks.
* Perform equipment repairs and Preventative Maintenance on plant machinery and power and controls equipment. Train and oversee operators in the performance of Preventative Maintenance and equipment repair as appropriate to Operator Tier level.
* Participate in assigned lean manufacturing Pillar teams and activities.
* Understand and update team and individual scorecards and meet monthly with teams and/or manager(s) to review progress and maintain priorities to support the plant strategy.
* Monitor team performance and work with other leaders to improve team results
* Support process to control changes in the programmable systems
* Fill in on the production line when needed to build your equipment operation knowledge and/or to keep the production line running.
* Provide failure reports to the PM Pillar Leader for downtime that qualifies as equipment breakdown.
* Communicate effectively within and between teams and with Leaders and Managers
* Perform the necessary physical activity for purposes of operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting equipment including:
* Climbing stairs and ladders, standing on, and moving around on platforms, equipment and concrete floors
* Twist or bend at the knees and back
* Lift objects up to 50 pounds using proper lifting techniques
* Stand and walk at minimum 70% of the time
* Operate a computer to input data, review data, and communicate via email
* Make personal safety and safe operation a priority including:
* Using required personal protective equipment
* Following all safe practices
* Using and understanding the various visual and audible alarms and signals for equipment startup, evacuations, fires, etc.
* Participating in monthly safety audits
* Maintain a clean work area and utilize Good Manufacturing Practices by following all quality specifications and performing quality inspections
* Keep and maintain accurate records and data.
* Know and use terminology and functions of machine components
* Use basic hand tools and power tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, hammers, drills, grinders, etc.
* Develop and analyze data using basic skills in math and statistics
* Work consistently with a team and demonstrate effective leadership and team skills
Minimum High School Diploma or equivalency
Demonstrate ability to work effectively across organization boundaries and with diverse teams in accordance with our Basic Beliefs and Our Commitment to Each Other
* Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* 5-year minimum experience with repair and maintenance of mechanical and plumbing systems, and supporting preventative maintenance is desired
* 5-year experience supporting machine control systems is desired
* Solid understanding of Rockwell s PLC s, PLC programming, Variable Frequency Drives, and HMI, and the communication links
* Solid understanding of servos, encoders, linear actuators, pneumatically operated equipment, sensors
* Solid understanding of lubrication and lubrication systems, tools, and fasteners, and ability to train/assist others
* Proven ability to quickly and effectively trouble shoot and repair
* Bearings, chains, sprockets, belts
* Shop equipment
* Power and controls related problems with production equipment.
* Water, air, steam, hydraulic, sanitary, and waste water systems and over pressure protection
* Welding, mild and stainless
* Strong ability to access and comprehend technical manuals via the internet, and interact with external technical resources while addressing problems
* Ability to work effectively within a team environment as well as with individual people (groups/one-on-one)
* Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal direct supervision
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Keywords: The J. M. Smucker Company, Chico , Maintenance Technician, E & I, Professions , Chico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!